Sunday, February 22, 2009

urgent call to activists

your attention, please. there is a serious problem, and all of you need to contribute to rectifying it. if even one of you slacks off, this tragic occurrence will continue. that would be unacceptable.

we all need to contact the USNANA (underwear styles naming association of north america) to let them know that a major error has occurred within their profession:

boy shorts are not actually for boys.

i know what you're thinking. there's no way that such revered and admired academics as these could have made such an obvious mistake, but somehow it has happened. in spite of all the clinical studies, the peer-reviewed research, the veritable fount of information that is the JGSN, (journal of gitch style namers) in spite of investigation of the subject dating back to the greeks, or even earlier... somehow they got it wrong.

i know you're thinking 'who is that chick to question a conclusion reached by the hallowed profession of lingere labelers? does she have an advanced degree in skivvieology?' the answer, friends, is no, but i have eyes and i know what i have seen.

boy shorts are definitely not for boys.

think of a baguette in a grocery bag. think of a strand of hair escaped from a turban. the man-bits don't fit. the dainties don't fit. the name doesn't fit.

so join me in my letter writing campaign, my organisation of global protests, and my personal grief at having been so misled for so long. join me and right this terrible wrong.

i'll see you at the trillion person march on washington.

**because i'm silly like that, i propose a contest. the last one was so much fun, don't you think? whoever can come up with the best new name for boyshort undies by the end of the month gets a bunch of handmade giftcards. i'll break out the crayons, construction paper and posterpaints and send you at least ten whimsical little cards to inscribe and pass on to those you really ought to give cards to.

comment away.

3 comments:

  1. Hehe...my hubby hates this name,too....is he on your panel of skivviolgy? He does love the way they look on me though...I know TMI! You contest is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly things are the best. :)

    The new name I propose is: Square Pants. Cuz they're square-ish.

    - Cesia. (cesia5 on Ravelry)
    http://ceceatitagain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a contest, I just want to read all the funny names!

    When I see gals wearing them (hey...I was talking about bathing suits) I always think they are lucky cause they didn't have to shave. Or lazy. Hmm, maybe I should get some. Ha! So my nomination is "stubblet coverlet".

    I'm Amybel on ravelry
    http://knittinginmybackyarn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete