Monday, June 1, 2009

mother nature hates me

this week i finished planting. i converted my front yard into an urban tomato farm. i'd decided that i'd just grow tomatoes this year, since i have limited time & space, and of all the things i grow, tomatoes bring me the greatest joy.

but then, five minutes ago, mother nature gave her opinion.and apparently she didn't think much of my gardening plans.she especially hated my very favourite tomato plant.i guess when the hail melts and things dry out a bit i'll convert my failed tomato farm into a carrot and beet farm. yippee.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, that so sucks! That very same thing happened to my mom right after Mother's Day. She spent Mother's Day weekend buying and planting tomatoes, zucchini, green peppers-she had a garden full of plants. And it was all gone within a few days when a hail storm came through and demolished it. Everyone lost their gardens down the road from them, too. So, I feel your pain. We were lazy at my house, and had nothing planted yet. But, if we hadn't there would be intense shouting at the sky, I can tell you!

    ReplyDelete